Couchsurfing may have sold out and lost its soul but couchsurfing camps remain a fun way to hang out with a bunch of new people in nature. Not so much a festival as a fun gathering generally involving plenty of alcohol.
- Carnival in Cologne 2018 8 – 13 February, Cologne, Germany
- CS Carnival in Maastricht-Aachen 2018 8 – 14 February, Maastricht, The Netherlands FB Event, BW Event
- The Divine Carnival – CS Milano Carnival Weekend 16 – 18 February, Milan, Italy FB Event
- Saint-Petersburg Black Days 22 – 25 February, St Petersburg, Russia FB Event
- Nature Surfing Rīga/Daugavas loki, Latvia (2018 dates to be confirmed)
- Mont Royal Summer Camp 4 – 9 July, Traben-Trarbach, Germany
- Amalfi Coast International Summer Camp 5 – 9 July, Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy FB Event
- Hamburg Invasion 2018 27 – 29 July, Hamburg, Germany FB Event
- Belgium Sumer Camp 12-16 September, Bastogne, Belgium
- Riga Good Times Rīga, Latvia (2018 dates to be confirmed)
- The Big Franconian Meeting Nürnberg, Germany (2018 dates to be confirmed)
- 10th Edition of the F…..g New Year’s Eve Party (with giant jaccuzzi) Les Haudères, Switzerland (2018 dates to be confirmed)
Alternatives to Couchsurfing
If you’d like to find some of the original traveller spirit now so missing from Couchsurfing then you can try:
Bewelcome – smaller, groovier.
Trustroots – the newest hospitality alternative with a back to basics feel.
Hospitality Club – yes, it’s an oldie and should have been redesigned 10 years ago but it’s still going.
And more hardcore travellers meet up every year at the Hitch Gathering.