Couchsurfing may have sold out and lost its soul but couchsurfing camps remain a fun way to hang out with a bunch of new people in nature. Not so much a festival as a fun gathering generally involving plenty of alcohol.
- 10th Tallinn CS Sauna Camp 22 – 24 February, Tallin, Estonia – FB Event
- CS Carnival in Maastricht-Aachen 2019 28 February – 6 March, Maastricht, The Netherlands FB Event
- Carnival in Cologne Cologne, Germany (cancelled)
- CS Torino International Meeting 24 – 26 May, Turin, Italy
- Nature Surfing TBA, Rīga/Daugavas loki, Latvia (cancelled)
- Cilento Village International Summer Camp 4 – 8 July, Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
- Mont Royal Summer Camp 17 – 22 July, Traben-Trarbach, Germany
- Hamburg Invasion 2019 25 – 29 July, Hamburg, Germany
- Belgium Sumer Camp 4-8 September, Brisy, Belgium
- 11th Edition of the F…..g New Year’s Eve Party (with giant jaccuzzi) Les Haudères, Switzerland (2019 dates to be confirmed)
Alternatives to Couchsurfing
If you’d like to find some of the original traveller spirit now so missing from Couchsurfing then you can try:
Bewelcome – smaller, groovier.
Trustroots – the newest hospitality alternative with a back to basics feel.
Hospitality Club – yes, it’s an oldie and should have been redesigned 10 years ago but it’s still going.
And more hardcore travellers meet up every year at the Hitch Gathering.